We held our very first Art Challenge over at our official (located here: https://discord.gg/Nw2pMsMUvz ) and tasked our community with designing a "early-game swamp enemy" for a fake game. We received so many great submissions, but here were our three favorites!
Monday, December 12, 2022
Friday, December 2, 2022
Friday, November 18, 2022
A new Unleash the Light bugfix patch is now available on Steam! (v4.0.3) This patch fixes several issues from the previous version, including a handful of badges that stopped functioning correctly, an issue where winning a battle with only a fusion left alive would incorrectly trigger Game Over, and several other minor issues. This patch also now prevents Peridot from summoning a mighty army of Pumpkins (despite how glorious that was). You can read the full patch notes here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1379560/announcements/detail/3470614896570300096
Note: Unfortunately due to a logistical issue with our publisher, the console and Apple Arcade versions of this patch have been pushed back to a TBD date. We will share an update on the timing of their release when we receive one ourselves. Our apologies for the delay.
Monday, November 14, 2022
Introducing the Official Grumpyface Discord! Join our community (and our team) on Discord to chat about our games, gaming and game dev in general, cartoons, or anything else! We're also planning to post exclusive Behind the Scenes peeks at our development process and upcoming projects.
Thursday, August 18, 2022
The console versions of Steven Universe Unleash the Light v4.0 free content update are AVAILABLE NOW! (Previously released on Steam and Apple Arcade!) We hope you enjoy! 🎸⭐️✨
For more information on what's new in this update, click here!
Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Thursday, July 14, 2022
Unleash the Light 4.0.1 (533) Bugfix Update patch is now available on Steam! (Coming soon to the Apple Arcade versions + the Console versions of v4.0 will also be available soon!) Please review the patch notes below:
Fixed characters losing their second equipped badges when progressing between stages in Rose’s Room
Fixed soft locks that could sometimes result from Greg’s jams defeating Squaribot Clones and from the final unlockable character taking damage after using the “Disregard” ability
Fixed various issues involving Bismuth’s barrier ability
Fixed a math calculation issue that would prevent the “Story Mode” button in the Mode Select screen from displaying 100% completion
Fixed an issue in the final battle of Story Mode where the final unlockable character would have their level reset to 30 if present in the party
Fixed an exploit where Greg’s jams could be used to fill up the Teamwork Bar for free, and another exploit where cancelling Connie’s portal ability granted free strums from Greg’s jams
Fixed some issues that could sometimes occur with forming fusions in Rose’s Room
Various other minor fixes and stability improvements
As always: thank you for playing Unleash the Light! We'll share an update as soon as the console versions of v4.0 finally become available ⭐
Thursday, June 16, 2022
Steven Universe: Unleash the Light NEW free content update v4.0 available now for Apple Arcade & Steam!
Steven Universe: Unleash the Light is BACK with a brand-new free content update: Version 4.0! Available now for Apple Arcade and Steam (and coming soon for consoles!) NEATO BURRITO! Check out the details below:
- GREG joins the adventure (complete with all new abilities, upgrades, costumes, and brand-new VO by Tom Scharpling!) And yes, when he jams out... it even changes the battle's background music! Happy Father's Day, Mr. Universe! (Greg is playable both in Rose's Room AND the main Story Mode!)
- Introducing: ROSE'S ROOM, a brand-new and faster-paced "rogue-lite" gameplay mode! Rose's Room features separate progression and save data from Story Mode and changes up the structure, rules, and pacing of the usual Unleash the Light gameplay - plus adds new features, enemies, rewards, and surprises along the way! Pick your starting character and embark on their very own Magical Mission! Power them up across many runs, building unique teams and loadouts with each attempt! How many runs will it take you to win?
- 6 NEW ACHIEVEMENTS, 3 NEW BADGES, and over a dozen NEW CHARM TYPES to find and unlock!
- SAVE SLOTS have now been added to Steam and the forthcoming console versions! Your previous save data is automatically migrated to Save Slot 1
- Applied various balance adjustments, minor improvements, and fixes across the game
- We've added a very special unlockable surprise for the biggest UTL fans (rumor has it that it's our BIGGEST hidden surprise in any of The Light Trilogy games!...)
From our entire team: thank you for playing UNLEASH THE LIGHT!
Tuesday, June 14, 2022
MR. UNIVERSE IS HERE! Greg is the 9th playable character coming to Steven Universe: Unleash the Light in free content update v4.0! Available very soon! 🎸⭐
Our favorite #GuitarDad joins the adventure with new abilities, new unlockable costumes and upgrades, and all-new VO by Tom Scharpling! Check back later this week when we reveal more details about Greg AND the other new content coming in Unleash The Light v4.0!
...and in the meantime, here's an updated Unleash the Light poster featuring the whole gang! Thank you to all our players who've supported us and enjoyed our Steven Universe: The Light Trilogy (and all our #NeatoBurrito-ing) over the years!! ⭐